Davis Insurance Group of Evansville, IN providing coverage for home, auto, life, health, and more!

Protect Your Business

Looking for Commercial Insurance Call us today and we’ll get you the coverage you need at an affordable price.

Our Goal

Protect your building, employees, auto, inventory, and more.

Owning a business is no simple task – running a successful enterprise requires plenty of hard work and smart decision making. One key component of protecting your business is securing the proper insurance coverages. From financial protection against fraud and theft, to coverage for physical assets in case of disasters like fire or flood, business insurance is an invaluable resource for entrepreneurs looking to safeguard their interests.

Ultimately, when it comes to owning a business, smart risk management doesn’t end with a good product or service: it includes having comprehensive insurance policies that protect you from unexpected bumps along the road.

Commercial Insurance with Davis Insurance Group in Evansville, IN

Davis Insurance Is Now A Proud Provider For
Cincinnati Insurance!

Home and Auto insurance bundles in Evansville, IN

Choose Your Coverage

Everyone has different goals and priorities in life.
We will work with you to create the perfect policy that's tailored to your needs.

Davis Insurance Group offers medical insurance for your business in Evansville, IN

Create Your Policy

We will help you with every step of the process.
Our goal is to make it as easy as possible for you to start protecting your business

insurance company in Evansville, IN - Davis Insurance Group

Keep Peace of Mind

Sleep well knowing the business you worked so hard to build is safe and secured.
Need changes made down the road? No problem, give us a call.

What We Promise

We have the coverage you need to feel safe and secure.

Davis Insurance Group doesn't give you cut-rate insurance coverage. When it comes to protecting your home and your family, you get coverage from some of the top companies in the industry backed by ratings of A+. It doesn't matter what kind of business you run. What matters is who you choose to keep it protected.

West Bend Insurance at Davis Insurance Group in Evansville, IN
Safeco Insurance at Davis Insurance Group in Evansville, IN
State Auto Insurance at Davis Insurance Group in Evansville, IN
Davis Insurance Group is your local Progressive Insurance company in Evansville, IN
Travelers Insurance at Davis Insurance Group in Evansville, IN
Liberty Mutual Insurance at Davis Insurance Group in Evansville, IN
Anthem Insurance at Davis Insurance Group in Evansville, IN
United Healthcare Insurance at Davis Insurance Group in Evansville, IN

What We Offer

What are the different types of
commercial insurance?





Worker's Compensation

Auto Services




Learn More

Starting your own business means taking on some degree of risk. As a business owner, you already have the passion and drive to take on new challenges, but you'll also need to protect the value of the assets you purchase for your company. Insurance can help you recover when things go wrong. From property losses related to items such as fire or theft, to liability issues should someone sue – or threaten to. With the proper policies in place, you'll gain peace of mind and feel more comfortable in your new role as an entrepreneur.

The cost of insurance is based on a range of factors including the following:

  • The value of the company assets you wish to insure.
  • Number of employees.
  • Specific risks associated with your industry.
  • Your personal risk tolerance and the amount of liability protection you prefer.

Businesses often need to carry more than one type of insurance, and your business' insurance needs may be highly individualized. A knowledgeable agent can help you find the right solutions. For some states, carrying insurance is a requirement. Requirements may also vary by the type of business you own and the number of employees; however, worker's compensation is required by law in most states, and highly recommended if not.

Many new business owners opt for what's known as a Business Owners Policy (BOP). This policy includes coverage designed specifically for small businesses.

A BOP typically covers three major items:

  • Property damage. Similar to a homeowner's insurance policy, this covers damage to your building (owned or leased), equipment, furnishings, fixtures, displays and inventory.
  • Business interruption. If a covered loss strikes your store or warehouse, forcing you to stop operating for a period of time, your revenue stream is protected from lost business income. You can also choose optional protection that covers you in case a major supplier is affected.
  • Liability insurance for your business. Covers damages paid in judgments or settlements, and legal defense costs, if you are sued or held liable for accidental bodily injury or property damage arising from a covered cause of loss.
The best commercial insurance company in Evansville, IN

Get a quote to get started.

Having condominium insurance is an effective way to ensure that your belongings inside your condominium are properly protected. Your condo insurance policy covers the interior walls, appliances, and personal property and valuables in your home, offering peace of mind against potential loss or damage due to theft, fire, or other hazards.

It will also provide you with protection should you ever be held responsible for another person’s injury or property damage - liability coverage is an invaluable investment if the costs associated with legal fees become too great to handle alone. Consider investing in condo insurance today for comprehensive protection inside and outside your residence.

Condominium insurance provides a significant level of protection that can help you be prepared in case of damage or loss. While the condo association might provide a master policy, it is important to consider what that policy does not cover.

Condo associations can have a "all-in", or a "single-unit" policy, which covers the fixtures inside your condo such as wiring, plumbing and carpets but may not cover your personal belongings. As well, a “bare walls-in” policy may offer limited coverage for some parts of your home and should be thoroughly reviewed if chosen by the association.

Supplementing the condo association’s master policy by purchasing condo insurance will ensure greater peace of mind about being covered for all scenarios.

When considering a condo policy and what it covers, it is important to be aware of the distinction between the responsibility of your condominium insurance policy and that of your condominium association's master or HOA policy.

While your condominium association's master or HOA policy will cover damage to the building and grounds, as well as external features, your condominium policy specifically needs to address coverage for your personal possessions and appliances, as well as fixtures and other attached features in your individual unit.

In an unexpected covered loss, such as a burglary or fire, you would need to file an insurance claim with both the condominium association's insurance company (if applicable), as well as your own. So don't overlook any details – make sure that you are adequately protected with an appropriate insurance policy.

When in doubt, just consult with us. We will work with you and assist you with the claims process.

When looking for ways to ensure you are protected from theft, fire damage, or liability claims, condo insurance is the key. Condo association coverage only takes care of the exterior of your condominium. On the other hand, condo insurance will cover your interior and possessions from harm, as well as provide protection in case of a lawsuit against you if you are found liable for damaging someone else's property or injuring them while in your condo.

It is critical to consider the amount of coverage you may need in order to protect yourself against financial liabilities that could arise from libel or slander charges, or other legal cases related to bodily injury. Investing wisely in condo insurance could save you a great deal of hassle and expense down the line.

Many condominium owners understand that they can’t deduct their insurance premiums from their taxes. However, there are certain exceptions to be aware of that allow you to potentially gain some tax benefit.

For instance, if you rent out the condo or operate a business from it, you can generally depreciate a portion of the premium you pay for your condo or landlord insurance policy. By taking advantage of these rules, condo owners have the opportunity to make their living spaces more cost effective and efficient in terms of taxation.

When it comes to townhouse owners, renters, and those living in a condo association, there’s one thing that applies to them all - insurance. Whether you own your townhouse outright, rent it or live in one as part of a condo association, it’s important to have proper insurance coverage.

If you’re the owner, homeowners insurance is the way to go. However, if you are part of a condo association make sure you look into specially designed condo insurance for extra protection. If you’re renting the townhouse though, don’t forget about getting renters insurance for added peace of mind.

No matter which route you take when it comes to your townhome living arrangement, insurance is your best bet for reliable coverage and protection.

If you own the townhouse, the type of policy you need depends on whether your home is part of a condo association.

Condo associations have master insurance policies covering the building, common areas the residents share, and grounds. So, if something happens to the exterior of your home, the condo association may cover it. However, you're still responsible for everything that happens from the drywall in, and a homeowners policy for your townhome covers what your condo association doesn’t.

If you own your townhouse:

If your townhouse is solely yours and not part of a condo association, you’ll need a homeowners insurance policy to help protect your property. Home insurance for townhouses covers the same things that it would for a regular house, including:

  • Damage from fire, smoke, wind and other disasters or hazards
  • Damage to your home’s structure
  • Theft of or damage to your personal belongings
  • Liability protection if someone is injured on your property

You can add other coverages to supplement your homeowners policy that can help cover expenses associated with appliance breakdown, flooding or even identity theft. Learn more about what homeowners insurance can help protect.

If you rent your townhouse:

If your townhouse isn’t part of a condo association and you’re renting it, renters insurance can help you protect your personal property in the event of an accident or theft. Renters insurance for a townhouse can help cover things like:

  • Damage to your personal property from a fire
  • Replacing your personal property after theft
  • Liability protection if someone is injured in your townhome

Even when you’re away from home, your renters insurance follows you wherever you go.

Condos and townhomes may seem similar, but they have a few key differences. A condominium is typically a living space or apartment-style space, that is owned by a condo association and has shared common space among residents that their condo association fees pay for. If a townhome isn’t owned by a condo association, it’s not a condo.

Townhomes are typically multi-story buildings that share at least one wall with another townhouse. They look a bit like row houses without easements between the buildings. They can be owned by a condo association, rented from a landlord or owned by individual homeowners.

  1. Figure out the amount of coverage you need for your dwelling: There are a number of ways to estimate your dwelling's replacement cost. You can obtain an estimate through your insurer, an online replacement cost calculator, an in-person contractor or appraiser, or by calculating it yourself. You should also determine which elements of your home's structure you have ownership over and which parts are communal. 
  2. Determine the value of your personal property: Your personal property will include items such as furniture, jewelry, electronics, and appliances. A standard homeowners insurance will only cover the actual value of your personal property meaning that you will only receive compensation for the depreciated value of your belongings. However, home insurance providers will typically offer replacement costs and inflation guard endorsements for your personal belongings at an additional charge. 
  3. The amount of liability coverage you need: You can use your own discretion to calculate your liability coverage, however, it might be a good idea to think about your lifestyle and risk factors when deciding on your limits.

Having renters insurance can help give you extra protection against the risk of costly damages or theft. This type of coverage is an important part of safeguarding your possessions and protecting yourself against liability. It typically covers your belongings, personal liability including defense costs, medical bills for others, and in some cases, could even help pay for temporary housing if you need to relocate due to an emergency in your home.

The cost depends on different factors like the amount of the premium, deductible and limit that you choose for the insurance policy. With so much financial security at stake, having the right renters policy should be strongly considered to safeguard against life's unexpected events.

Any renter who has possessions they can’t afford to repair or replace – or simply don’t want to foot the full bill for after an incident.

Without renters insurance, any disaster – from a burst pipe to an act of nature – that destroys, damages, or causes a loss of your possessions can leave you with a large financial burden. Think about how much it would cost to replace all of the valuable items in your home: furniture, electronics, artwork, perhaps even clothing and jewelry. A single incident can be quite costly and out of reach for many renters.

Renter's insurance offers the added protection that can help safeguard your belongings in case such an accident does occur. By having this coverage in place you can rest assured knowing that you don’t have to bear the full responsibility of paying for repairs or replacements out of pocket should something happen while renting.

A typical renters policy can help cover:

  • Your personal belongings against loss or damage.
  • Legal costs and damages for covered accidental bodily injury or property damage to others.
  • Additional living expenses when you cannot live in your rental due to a covered loss.
  • Improvements you made to your rented property that are damaged due to a covered loss.

Homeowners insurance also protects the structure – the building itself. Renters insurance primarily covers belongings. You also generally get some liability coverage, but the policy doesn’t protect the apartment. The building’s landlord will have their own insurance to cover damage to the building.

Renters insurance premiums will depend on the value of your personal property, how much liability coverage you choose and where you live. The average premium for a Travelers renters policy is around $205. Your premium could cost more or less, depending on your circumstances.

To get an idea of your renters insurance needs, answer these questions:

  • How much would it cost to repair or replace my belongings?
  • How much of a deductible can I afford to pay if I have a loss?
  • Do I have any valuables that require extra protection?
  • Do I have visitors to my rented apartment or home?
  • Have I made any improvements to my rental that are worth protecting?
  • Do I qualify for any discounts?
  • What personal activities (including sports) do I participate in?
  • What damage might my children or pets cause?

A flood is when two or more acres or two or more properties are affected by water from the ground up – usually due to heavy rain, extreme coastal conditions or river overflow - that is normally dry.
Though river floodplains and coastal areas are the most susceptible, it is possible for flooding to occur in areas with unusually long periods of heavy precipitation – typically in dry land locations.

FEMA defines a flood as “A general and temporary condition of partial or complete inundation of two or more acres of normally dry land area or of two or more properties (at least one of which is your property) from:

  • Overflow of inland or tidal waters;
  • Unusual and rapid accumulation or runoff of surface waters from any source;
  • Mudflow; or
  • Collapse or subsidence of land along the shore of a lake or similar body of water as a result of erosion or undermining caused by waves or currents of water exceeding anticipated cyclical levels that result in a flood as defined above.”

Physical damage to your building or personal property “directly” caused by a flood is covered by your flood insurance policy. For example, damages caused by a sewer backup are covered if the backup is a direct result of flooding. If the backup is caused by some other problem, the damages are not covered.

Building Property
- The insured building and its foundation
- Electrical and plumbing systems
- Central air-conditioning equipment, furnaces, and water heaters
- Refrigerators, cooking stoves, and built-in appliances such as dishwashers
- Permanently installed carpeting over unfinished flooring
- Permanently installed paneling, wallboard, bookcases, and cabinets
- Window blinds
- Detached garages (up to 10 percent of building property coverage; other than garages, detached buildings require a separate building property policy)
- Debris removal

Personal Contents Property
- Personal belongings, such as clothing, furniture, and electronic equipment
- Curtains
- Portable and window air-conditioners
- Portable microwave ovens and portable dishwashers
- Carpets that are not included in building coverage
- Clothing washers and dryers
- Food freezers and the food in them
- Certain valuable items such as original artwork and furs (up to $2,500)

  • Damage caused by moisture, mildew, or mold that could have been avoided by the property owner
  • Currency, precious metals, and valuable papers such as stock certificates
  •  Property and belongings outside of an insured building, such as trees, plants, wells, septic
    systems, walks, decks, patios, fences, seawalls, hot tubs, and swimming pools
  •  Living expenses, such as temporary housing (unless written through a private carrier or carry
    excess flood insurance)
  •  Financial losses caused by business interruption or loss of use of insured property
  •  Most self-propelled vehicles, such as cars, including their parts

If you live in a high-risk area (zones A and V) and your mortgage is through a government backed lender – yes, flood insurance is required. If you live in a low- to moderate-risk area (zones B, C, and X)- no, flood insurance might not be required.

However, with about 20% of flood insurance claims coming from moderate- to low-risk areas, it is strongly recommended to carry flood insurance even in low- to moderate-risk zones. This will guarantee your protection for a very low cost.

The average cost of a policy through the NFIP is about $700 a year, but your premium cost might adjust depending on your property’s flood risk, the type of coverage you need, and the location of your home.

If you are in a low- to moderate-risk area, you might qualify for the Preferred Risk Policy (a lower-cost flood insurance policy) that provides building plus contents coverage for as little as $129 per year! 

The National Flood Insurance Program offers two types of coverage. The first covers the physical dwelling itself and has a maximum limit of $250,000. The second type provides coverage for your personal property (or contents) and has a maximum limit of $100,000. Typically, a mortgage company will require coverage be in place for the dwelling, but the individual may have to leave the contents coverage to their discretion.

As long as the building meets the following criteria, it can be insured on a Replacement Cost Value (RCV).

  • The building must be a single-family dwelling, and
  • Be your principal residence, meaning you live there at least 80 percent of the year, and
  • The building coverage must be insured for at least 80 percent of the full replacement cost of the building or is the maximum available for property under the National Flood Insurance Program.


If these conditions are not met the building will be insured on an Actual Cash Value basis (ACV). ACV is the replacement cost at the time of the loss, less the value of its physical depreciation. Personal Property insured under the NFIP can only be insured on an ACV basis.